A Year of Success for TPI
Monday 25th September 2023
Another successful year for Total Project Integration.
Looking back over the past 12 months, it is astonishing to see how much we have achieved as a company. We have expanded our team, received project and company accolades and seen a new Director step into management. This is without acknowledging the personal successes of our team members who have been running marathons, performing Shakespeare abroad and even getting married.
At TPI we recognise that the success of the company is down to the commitment and job satisfaction of our team. Supporting the professional development of our team creates these company successes as a wonderful byproduct. This is why we champion our status as an Investor in People Platinum Company, with a 100% Employee Engagement record (Thomas International Statistic 2022). Our people are what make TPI so successful.
As well as IIP Platinum and 100% Employee Engagement, our team has secured many more company achievements:
– Carbon Neutrality: To help reduce our impact on climate change and the environment, we are committed to retaining our Carbon Neutral status annually, planning our future in the most sustainable way possible.
– ISO 45003: As well as our existing suite of ISO certifications (9001, 14001, 45001), which we have continued to achieve yearly, this year we were proud to have also achieved the new (2021) certification in psychological health and safety at work. Mental health support is key to our 2023 Agenda, this is a big step in supporting the health and wellbeing of our team.
– Spanish Chamber of Commerce in the UK: This membership, secured in January and championed by our Senior Project Manager, Sergio Duque, helped to expand our connections with the Spanish market and has connected us with other industry professionals.
– UK Employer of the Year: We were shortlisted for the UK Employer of the Year (2-49 employees): Platinum at IIP’s 2022 Awards.
Internally we have had more, significant, successes:
– New Director: Paul Williams has been with TPI for 8+ years, having worked on notable TPI projects such as the Port of Tyne portfolio and numerous build-to-rent schemes with a repeat private client. In January 2023, Paul stepped up to Board Director as well as continuing his responsibilities as regional lead. This is the start of new chapter for TPI.
– New Recruits: In the last 12 months, we have had 6 new starters, across both the regional and southern teams. It is wonderful to have new talent and support people through the next steps of their careers.
– Graduate: Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Lucy Theron, graduated from London South Bank University with a First Class Honours. We are proud to have supported her through her course and look forward to seeing her progress at TPI.
– Mover: Luke Roberts relocated to Cheshire, expanding our coverage across the UK and helping to build TPI’s regional work.
A handful of project successes:
– Bodmin Jail Awards: Former Jail turned Hotel project, Bodmin Jail, won Building Magazine’s Refurbishment Project of the Year 2022, as well as being nominated for ArchDaily Building of the Year Award 2023 and shortlisted for 2023 RIBA Southwest Award.
– BÓHA London: We worked on high-profile bar and nightclub renovation for stars of ‘Made in Chelsea’ Harvey Armstrong and Sam Holmes, in partnership with Jay Bradley and Chase Hunter.
And many personal successes: Adam Mullins ran a marathon, Sergio Duque Del Rio got married, as did Liam MacDonald, Chris Raby completed the Great North Run, George Skinner spoke at multiple construction seminars, Lucy Theron hosted her own networking event and Laura Hall toured Shakespeare around the UK and Overseas.
It truly has been a year of success for TPI, and we have so much more to come. 2024 is a big year for us, certainly a year for celebration and hopefully even more success.